DILIJAN CHAMBER MUSIC SERIES
SUNDAY, January 28, 2018, 3 PM
Herbert Zipper Hall, 200 South Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States
– Kyrie - World Premiere* (2017)
– Luys Zvart – Joyful Light (2006)
– Khorhurd Metz – Great Mystery, on text by Moses of Khoren (2002)
GRAVITAS: Investigating Gravity
by The Esoterics
The centerpiece of GRAVITAS will be the world premieres by the three winners of this year’s POLYPHONOS competition with Vahram Sarkissian among them. In Mheri dur [The door of Mher], Sarkissian recounts a portion of the Armenian Epic of Sassoon, in which a warrior’s own guilt impedes him from crossing the threshold of his self-imposed imprisonment.
The Esoterics will be offering three performances of GRAVITAS.
- Friday | 6 Oct 2017 | 800pm | St Stephen’s Episcopal Church | 4805 NE 45th Street | Seattle
- Saturday | 7 Oct 2017 | 800pm | Holy Rosary Catholic Church | 4142 42nd Avenue SW | West Seattle
- Sunday | 8 Oct 2017 | 700pm | Christ Episcopal Church | 310 North K Street | Tacoma
Meeting - Lecture
On May 12th, at 7:00 pm, Naregatsi Art Institute in Yerevan will host a meeting- lecture with composer Vahram Sarkissian.
During the meeting, the composer will talk about his career, the development of musical language, its influences and the modern reality of Canada, presenting the results of the studies made in the sphere of contemporary vocal throughout the last 3 years.
Vahram Sarkissian - The Colors of the human voice: rediscovery
Lecture at the 11th Symposium on Choral Music, Barcelona, Spain
July 24, 14:30h
July 25, 11:00h
- What are the real sound production capabilities of the human voice?
- How can we expand the technical component of choral singing?
- What can we observe, learn and possibly borrow from world's diverse singing practices?
- How feasible are vocal extended techniques in a choir?
Subscribe to Vahram's Channel